EXTRUDE-TITE® TRILOBULAR™ thread rolling screws have a gimlet point for use when clearance holes and pilot holes are not in line. EXTRUDE-TITE® screws have less TRILOBULAR™ shape for use in more demanding sheet metal applications or in applications with minimal length of engagement. Low starting torque and initial end load, desirable features with large diameter fasteners, are provided by a second thread forming taper and by the TAPTITE II® step in the point.
- Designed to resolve the fastening problems of ‘stripping’ and ‘spin-out’ in THIN SHEET METAL as is often found when using standard round-bodied sheet metal screws
- Increased torque performance in thin sheet metal applications
- Low end loads
- EXTRUDE-TITE® screws tend to drive straight
- Employs TRILOBULAR™ technology in the joint
- Electrical grounding assured by the intimate contact of the roll-formed threads
- Reduces costs by allowing thinner, lighter materials in the assembly
- Reduces costs by reducing or eliminating repairs due to ‘stripping’, ‘spin-outs’, and off-angled entry of fastener on the assembly line
- Reduces costs by eliminating cleanup of chips, oil and debris caused by tapping operations
- Reduces costs by simplifying assembly – fewer components
- Reduces costs by simplifying assembly equipment
Complete the form below to begin the quoting process.