TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws have the TRILOBULAR™ shape which reduces friction during thread forming, provides prevailing torque which exceeds the level of locking screws, and most importantly, inherently provides resistance to vibrational loosening.
Lower In-Place Fastening Costs
Only 15% of the total in-place cost of a fastening is the cost of the screw or bolt. TAPTITE II® screws and bolts lower the cost of the remaining 85%. The following is a list of some of the cost-savings advantages of using TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws.
- Elimination of separate tapping operations and associated costs.
- Built-in resistance to vibrational loosening eliminates the need for lock washers, adhesives, or plastic patches and plugs.
- Generates stronger mating threads with uninterrupted grain flow due to work hardening of the nut for higher stripping resistance.
- Accepts larger pilot hole variations than drilled and tapped holes.
- Works in punched, drilled, cored and extruded holes in many different metals.
- With use of CORFLEX® metallurgy, can be provided in grade strengths of high tensile bolts for use in structural applications in deep thread lengths of engagement.
- No assembly line cross threading.
- Prevailing torque often equals or exceeds locking screw standards.
Complete the form below to begin the quoting process.