Twin Lead Helix Provides Starting Stability
Forward Extrusion With Diametrically Opposed Thread Engagement
Increased Core Diameter Approaching The Underside Of The Head Causes Additional Forward And Backward Extrusion Providing Increased Thread Engagement
The Solution For Thin Sheet Metal Applications
Over the last several years, industry has improved assembly processes and reduced the size and weight of components made from thin sheet metal and fasteners used to join these components. As a result, 0.5mm thick sheet metal is not an uncommon thickness for a typical assembly. Yet today’s assembly solutions are limited and often poorly designed for both joint performance and overall cost efficiency. FASTITE® 2000™ thread forming screws were developed to create strong mechanical joints with excellent thread engagement into untapped thin sheets, while providing the “LOWER IN-PLACE COST SAVINGS” associated with TRILOBULAR™ thread forming screws. FASTITE® 2000™ screws result in a cost-effective joint with increased failure torque and resistance to stripping, when compared to other fastener types and assemblies.
- Tapered thread root adjacent to the screw head to maintain major thread diameter close to the head.
- Undercut feature to increase assembly failure torque.
- Radius Profile™ thread design combined with the twin-lead helix angle to provide a mating thread system whereby diametrically opposed threads are engaged.
- Non cut-off “CA” style point for extruding in small holes.
- TRILOBULAR™ screw thread body to provide “resistance to loosening”.